Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Camera!

So as many of you know who know me personally know that I picked up a Canon Ae-1 Program before leaving out on my trip! Reason being, everyone and there mom is a photographer these days and I definitely want to stand out even more. My work isnt too typical of todays stuff, but shooting film should definitely help me stand out from everyone thats caught up in the digital age.

The thing I mainly love about this camera is its all manual. No automatic shooting mode(not that I would use it anyway) No autofocus, plus its film so there are no do overs. Get that shit right the first time :) The grain makes pictures look oh so lovely and gives them a great feel. If theres anything I feel my work is lacking or areas that I want to improve on, its getting more "character" out of my shots. I like to shoot stuff that u stare at for a few seconds and just think about everything that went on during the image, or the message that im trying to get across. It's expensive, but fuck it! Technically its not expensive, if I stop spending money on stupid ass meals and movies with dumb ass broads i'll be fine haha.

Shout out to all the peeps that inspired me to shoot film! If it wasnt for them, I wouldnt have made this move!


No comments:

Post a Comment